This course will provide a continued investigation into the theoretical and experiential techniques and practices of dance therapy as well as career options for students majoring in education and the healthcare professions.
1. give an account of and problematize the basic psychotherapy concepts and theories on the relation between body and mind that form the basis of the dance therapy method
2. give an account of and problematize how psychotherapy concepts can be linked to therapy in practice
3. apply evaluate and perform dance therapeutical tools
4. discuss how their own experiences of dance and movement improvisations can deepen the knowledge and understanding of dance therapy
5. discuss how their own bodies can be a tool of communication
6. evaluate and critically reflect on dance therapy as method
The Center for Creative Arts Therapy is approved as a continuing education provider for Social Workers and Counselors by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Approved Continuing Education Sponsor, (#159.001383). To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
This online course provides 6 CEUs for Social Workers and Counselors, Creative Arts Therapists and Expressive Arts Therapists. This course does not qualify for Expressive Arts Therapy coursework requirements and can not be used towards the REAT credentials.
Course Completion. You will have 30 days for 6 credit hour course, 45 days for a 9 hour course, and 90 days for a 15 hour course from the date of registration to complete it.
Disclaimer. Anyone is welcome to take this course for information and inspiration! We reserve the right to determine eligibility for online registration courses. In order to receive continuing education units, upon request, professionals must show evidence of identity and mental health or creative arts therapy credentials and/or certification/registration from a nationally recognized certification/registration agency. For our online REAT track students, you may be asked show evidence of enrollment in a master's level or higher or equivalent course of study before beginning courses. To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
Scope of Practice. Materials that are included in these online courses may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession's standards.
Refund Policy. Due to the nature of our online learning system, and proprietary information shared with students upon entering our Learning Portal, we do not issue refunds for our online learning programs/courses.