AVAILABLE VIA ZOOM ONLY!
Looking to revitalize your practice? Do you have clients who are stuck or resistant, repeating the same patterns over and over? Tired of using the same interventions, session after session?
Attend this weekend workshop packed with non-stop action, demonstrations and ideas that will have you furiously taking notes as your clinical toolbox overflows with creative, effective interventions you can use immediately! What’s more, you’ll leave inspired to create even more!
Learn new innovative interventions to help even your most resistant clients become unstuck and express themselves. Your weekend will consist of creative, interactive, hands-on training that will re-energize your work. You will gain fresh new creative arts strategies and approaches that you can use immediately to engage even your most difficult and challenging clients.
This workshop is for clinicians, supervisors, and any direct service staff with an interest in learning about or building their knowledge of creative intervantions. Participants will engage in experiential exercises through art, drama, narrative therapy, music, poetry, and body-centered therapies. You will utilize a working case conceptualization to help us understand how we work with clients to identify what expressive interventions could be most beneficial to healing, integrating, or just becoming “unstuck.” This workshop will be experiential in nature.
No arts experience is necessary, just an openness to try something creative.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity – sign up today!
- Explore creative directives to immediately implement into therapy practice to help clients regulate their emotions and behaviors.
- Consider the ethical implications and clinical limitations of using creative interventions in clinical practice.
- Determine the stages of a client’s normative development, and identify the indicators suggesting a need for additional clinical support.
- Summarize the benefits of utilizing a creative approach in assessment, diagnosis and clinical treatment of mental health disorders.
- Develop a plan for introducing the creative interventions into clinical practice for treatment resistant and challenging children and families.
- Determine the neurobiological implications of using creative interventions among clients with various diagnoses.
Limitations and Risks:
- Participants understand the nature, objectives, limitations, and results from the training are distinctly different from the formal study of the creative arts therapies
- There are potential risks when introducing creative arts into your practice without adequate training
- The creative arts therapies are an evidenced-based treatment
The Center for Creative Arts Therapy is approved as a continuing education provider for Social Workers and Counselors by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Approved Continuing Education Sponsor, (#159.001383).
This workshop provides 15 CEUs for Social Workers and Counselors and 1 credit hour for Drama Therapy and Expressive Arts Therapy students.
Creative Interventions for Mental Health: Creativity for Clinicians Cert
(15 CEUs/1 credit) Saturday & Sunday, March 13th-14th, 2021, 9:00AM-5:30PM, 4336 Saratoga Avenue, 2nd Floor, Downers Grove, IL 60515 at the Center for Creative Arts Therapy, 4336 Saratoga Ave., 2nd Floor, Downers Grove, IL 60515