Available HYBRID (In person OR Virtual)!
Expressive arts therapy is not just an effective therapeutic approach for young children, it is also a powerful tool for use with teens and adults as well! Across ages and stages, expressive arts therapy helps clients to bring awareness of feelings, make sense of thoughts and emotions, increases understanding of self and others, and improves social and emotional functioning. Participants will engage in a fun, experiential Expressive Arts Therapy training to explore how you can apply Expressive Arts Therapy techniques with any client, regardless of age or presenting symptom.
We will explore The Therapeutic Powers of the Arts, developmentally appropriate arts-based interventions, how to strengthen self-esteem and increase self-confidence. You will leave with a toolbox filled with expressive arts therapy techniques utilizing Sandtray, music, visual arts, puppets, role-playing, and guided imagery (to name a few) that you can use immediately with clients of all ages.
- Describe 6 effective expressive arts therapy strategies across ages and stages of development
- Identify how expressive arts therapy impacts neuropsychosocial development
- Conceptualize attachment patterns to strengthen clients' relationships.
- Develop 2 new techniques to engage parents in family expressive arts therapy.
- Practice evidence-based expressive arts therapy techniques to treat children, teens, and adults
- Identify effective evidence-based expressive arts therapy techniques that can be used immediately with their client populations.
Limitations and Risks:
- Participants understand the nature, objectives, limitations, and results from the training are distinctly different from the formal study of the creative arts therapies
- There are potential risks when introducing creative arts into your practice without adequate training
- The creative arts therapies are an evidenced-based treatment
At the end of this workshop, participants will receive a certificate stating they have completed this 15 Hour CE course with a short course description. This workshop provides 1 credit hour for Drama Therapy and Expressive Arts Therapy students.
Center for Creative Arts Therapy has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7460. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Center for Creative Arts Therapy is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Drama Therapy Course - 1 Credit Advanced Elective
Expressive Arts Therapy Course - 1 Credit Advanced Elective
Creative Arts Therapy Across the Lifespan (15 Credit Hours)
Required Drama Therapy & Expressive Arts Therapy Course (counts as an Advanced Elective)
(15 Hours/1 credit) Saturday & Sunday, April 13-14, 2024, 9:00AM-5:30PM, at the Center for Creative Arts Therapy, 2600 Warrenville Rd., Suite 205, Downers Grove, IL 60515
Via Virtual Zoom