The outcomes of the course are to develop requisite skills as professional social workers in the areas of engagement, assessment, intervention, and evaluation utilizing best-practice models and evidence- based practices. Honoring both the diversity of the clients and the multiplicity of problems that clients bring with them, the student will have the capacity to frame these issues for the enhancement of client well-being, resolution of problems, and securing creative solutions.
1. Learn the purpose and process of research, especially as it relates to social science, advancing their field of academic study, and informing evidence-based practice.
2. Gain a working knowledge of research design and basic statistical concepts in order to analyze, evaluate, and interpret statistical findings in empirical research studies and use these findings to inform practice.
3. Learn ethical and culturally relevant strategies for interpreting and reporting the results of research.
4. Recognize the ethical and scholarly purpose and function of APA standards and formatting.
5. Employ APA style guidelines to the final paper and assignments.
The Center for Creative Arts Therapy is approved as a continuing education provider for Social Workers and Counselors by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Approved Continuing Education Sponsor, (#159.001383). To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
This online course provides 12 CEUs for Social Workers and Counselors, Creative Arts Therapists and Expressive Arts Therapists. This course does not qualify for Expressive Arts Therapy coursework requirements and can not be used towards the REAT credentials.
Artistic Inquiry - Research
Course Completion. You will have 30 days for 6 credit hour course, 45 days for a 9 hour course, and 90 days for a 15 hour course from the date of registration to complete it.
Disclaimer. We reserve the right to determine eligibility for online registration courses. Upon request, professionals must show evidence of identity and mental health or creative arts therapy credentials and/or certification/registration from a nationally recognized certification/registration agency. For our online REAT track students, you may be asked show evidence of enrollment in a master's level or higher or equivalent course of study before beginning courses. To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
Scope of Practice. Materials that are included in these online courses may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession's standards.
Refund Policy. Due to the nature of our online learning system, and proprietary information shared with students upon entering our Learning Portal, we do not issue refunds for our online learning programs/courses.